For Police assistance, call 911
Administration Office call (585) 617-6131.
Office hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 - 4:30pm (Eastern time)
Crime Prevention Tips
- We encourage people to report any suspicious behavior they may see.
- If leaving your home, be sure to leave one or two lights on after dark.
- Have a neighbor monitor your house if you are going away for an extended time.
- Have someone pick up your mail and trim your lawn if you'll be away for several days.
- During the winter, be sure to arrange snow removal for your driveway & sidewalk.
- The Ogden Police also have a "House Check" program available.
Click here for the application. You may download, edit and resend back to us using the email below, print and send it to our mailing address or fax it to (585) 352-6650.----For those with a classic Microsoft Word program, please use the download link here.
Feel free to contact the Ogden Police Department for information about starting a Neighborhood watch!
Send us a message through our email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- - - Shopping Online?I
ts that time of year again, and people are shopping for gifts online more than ever. Unfortunately, crooks like to take advantage of this hectic time by crafting all sorts of online scams.
To help keep crooks away from robbing your holiday cheer, follow these simple suggestions:
- Secure personal computers with a firewall and anti-virus software.
- Keep personal information & passwords private. Do not respond to requests to "verify" your credit card information. It could be a trick.
- Beware of "Bargains" from unfamiliar companies or shop with companies you know.
- Use secure websites for purchases. Look for the padlock icon at the bottom of your screen, or the "HTTPS" within the URL address.
- Do not respond to online solicitations for charities. If you are interested in giving to a charity, first do a through checkup with their online process.
- Consider alternate options to pay for the merchandise, such as disposable credit cards or money orders. Perhaps there is a local storefront nearby you can visit instead.
- - -
- Concerned about underage drinking parties? Call the anonymous and confidential hotline (585)343-1932 or 1-800-851-1932.